10.19.2011

First quinoa experience!

This is quinoa. 
It is rich in calcium, iron, and PROTEIN!
It is one of the few grains that provides all essential amino acids.
It is also an excellent source of fiber and starch.

I'm trying to get it to replace my rice intake. 

Baby steps...

Here's what it looks like up close!

"If you can make rice, you can make quinoa."
That's what people say, and I am here to confirm it! So easy!

After 15-20 minutes... nice and fluffy!

Sunny-side up eggs and rice are a breakfast staple for me, so why not try this out?
It's fried so there's a crispiness on the bottom that is quite a refreshing texture! 
I also sprinkled some shredded cheese on top :)

This was a yummy dish! Quinoa has a different texture and will take some getting used to. But it's so versatile and HEALTHY, I just can't pass it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts :)