10.18.2011

Segway Tour of Downtown Raleigh

Errol has always proclaimed that our "half" anniversaries are more fun than our year anniversaries, and I think he might be right.

September 27, 2011 was our 3.5-year anniversary (I know, I'm behind in my posting...) and we spent it taking a Segway tour of downtown Raleigh!

And I must say... it was AWESOME.

Our tour guide:

Errol on his Segway:

Both of us!

North Carolina governor's mansion:

We had to arrive at the place 30 minutes early to get trained riding the machine. We practiced going forward and stopping, turning in figure 8's, etc. It was a bit of an unnerving feeling at first because you really can't stay still since you're on wheels. But I would compare it to riding a bike. The machine balances for you, unlike when you're stationary on a bike, but the comfort of riding feels the same. I quickly was comfortable enough to move very gracefully around :)

I would recommend taking a Segway tour in the next large town you're in. 

They're a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts :)