1.12.2012

Pharm Care Lab

Today was my first day of lab, and I'm excited about the group we have and our TA. As I mentioned before, this lab is nothing like the chemistry or biology labs from undergrad. Here, we learn practical skills, medical terminology, top 200 drugs, compounding, etc.

Today, we did the usual ice breakers (even though we already knew each other pretty much). We also did an exercise in gathering information with a paper chart (practice for our hospital rotations this summer), reviewed how to take blood pressure with the sphygmomanometer, and did our first practice getting a patient's medical history.

It was short and sweet (2.5 hours instead of 4), so I was very happy about that.

Tonight is the first Phi Delta Chi meeting of the semester! We will be discussing the trip to Gatlinburg this weekend. So much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts :)